Year 6 2022-2023
Each child has their own home reading book which they bring home daily. It is our expectation that they read this book at least 3 times a week and bring it back to school daily so that they can read this book with an adult at school.
Benefits of Reading for Children
- Their vocabulary is larger and more extensive.
- They perform better academically.
- Their imagination can run wild.
- Their creativity skills develop.
- They develop empathy.
- They gain a deeper understanding of their world.
- Their concentration levels improve.
- Their cognitive development is supported.
- Their social skills and interaction improve.
If you have any questions or would like any assistance with reading at home with your child, then please don’t hesitate to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org .