Safeguarding and Online Safety
Padiham Green Church of England Primary School recognises that high self-esteem, confidence, peer support and clear lines of communication with trusted adults helps all children, especially those at risk of, or suffering abuse. We, therefore, ensure that:
· ALL staff, volunteers and governors contribute to an ethos where children feel secure and safe
· ALL children have opportunities to communicate and know that they are listened to
· ALL children's wishes, feelings and views will be taken into account when decisions are being made about how to keep them safe
· ALL children know that they can communicate with any adult in school if they are worried or in difficulty
· ALL staff and volunteers will contribute to providing a curriculum which will equip children with the skills they need to stay safe and to communicate when they do not feel safe
· ALL staff and volunteers will contribute to providing a curriculum which will help children develop an attitude which will enable them to enter adulthood successfully and reach their full potential
· ALL staff, volunteers and governors will establish effective, supportive and positive relationships with parents, carers, pupils and professionals.
Designated Safeguarding Leads (DSLs) at Padiham Green C of E Primary School
Our Safeguarding Lead members of staff are Mr Dixon, Mrs Tyrer, Mr Tranmer and back-up DSL Mrs Barber. These staff members have undertaken Safeguarding and Child Protection training through Lancashire County Council.
If you have any concerns regarding safeguarding please contact one of the above members of staff.
All other members of school staff are regularly trained and updated in safeguarding and child protection.
Padiham Green is part of the 'Operation Encompass' scheme. The website can be found at (https://www.operationencompass.org/)
Operation Encompass is a unique Police and Education early intervention safeguarding partnership which ensures that a child's school is informed, prior to the start of the next school day, that there has been an incident of Domestic Abuse to which the child or young person has been exposed, and which might then have an impact on them in school the following day.
Each school is informed of all Domestic Abuse incidents, not just those where an offence can be identified or those which are graded as high risk. The partnership recognises that all incidents of Domestic Abuse can be harmful to children and young people.
This information will be shared throughout the year, including school holidays and the weekends. Information will only be shared with the school by the police where it is identified that a young person was present, witnessed or was involved in a domestic abuse incident.
The Encompass Member of staff in school is Mr. Tranmer.
More information about 'Operation Encompass' can be accessed here
Useful contact numbers are:
Lancashire Safeguarding Helpline: 0300 123 6720
Out of hours 0300 123 6722 (5pm - 8am)
NSPCC: 0800 800 50000
Childline: 0800 1111
Lancashire Police: 101