Schools are allocated a sum of money called the Pupil Premium to support children who require additional help with their work. The allocation is calculated according to the intake of the school and the children that have been in receipt of Free School Meals in the last six years or have been in care for six months or longer.
At Padiham Green Church of England Primary School all governors and staff share a strong commitment to doing our upmost to remove any barriers that might hinder a child’s development. We are determined to close any gap in attainment between those children eligible for pupil premium and other children. We intend to maximise the achievement of all our children.
The Aims for the use of Pupil Premium
- For ALL pupils to achieve the highest possible standards and realise their full potential in all aspects of their learning
- To continue to sustain quality support for well-being/mental health issues
- To continue to further develop language and communication skills
- To continue to sustain attainment in Reading, further developing every child’s love for reading
- To close the attainment gap in Writing
- To further close the attainment gap in Mathematics
- To continue to improve confidence, independence, and self esteem
- To continue to improve the wider opportunities available for all pupils
- To continue to improve attendance and punctuality
- To continue to sustain positive parental engagement, support, and partnership work to further reduce barriers to learning
We achieve these aims through the careful use of a strategic Pupil Premium plan attached to this page. This plan is reviewed and updated annually by our Pupil Premium Lead Mrs. Lisa Tyrer (Headteacher) and the Pupil Premium Governor Mrs. Melissa Barber (School Business Manger), developed, implemented and maintained in accordance with the Department for Education's 'Using pupil premium guidance for school leaders' document.