Week beginning: 11th September 2023
This week's spellings are ambitions synonyms. The words in purple are words from the year 5/6 statutory lists. Don't forget they are on Spelling Shed for you to practise.
Throughout the week year 6 will be looking at these words, defining them and looking for patterns. On Friday your child will be tested on these words.
Here are some ideas that you can do at home to help you learn these words:
- Spelling Shed - your child has their own log in. Click on the link to access it.
- Spelling Memory – Write two sets of spelling words on small cards and play a game of memory. When a card is turned over, read the word, spell it, and read it again.
- Rainbow Writing – Spell each word multiple times using a different colour of the rainbow each time.
- Make a Spelling Word Origami Fortune Teller
- Let Your Child Text the Words to you or type them
- Make Word Searches - there are lots of online word search makers (I use this one in school)
- Play Hangman
- Quickwrite - choose a spelling and see how many times you can write it in one minute.